Friday, December 30, 2011

Seeker Lover Keeper - Rely On Me

With it being New Years Eve and all, I thought I'd write up a list of New Years resolutions for 2012!
I'm not usually one for resolutions but I guess it doesn't hurt to have some goals.
  1. Get fit, tone up and just eat a little healthier. I have lost a lot of weight since coming home from the States, but I think there is still room for improvement.
  2. Stick to a strict savings plan for Europe and Peru. If I'm going to do Europe, I definitely want to do it comfortably and not have to worry about eating bread and fast food all the time. I also will need to cut spending on unnecessary things like clothes and gadgets I don't need.
  3. Focus on my last semester of uni and do well! I also need to manage my time better and find a better balance between work, uni and friends/family.
  4. Stop being so angry and fired up about everything all the time. I need to calm down, maybe take up yoga regularly?
  5. Be a better and safer driver. I totalled my car earlier this year and have been in a few other close calls, calming down occasionally might help with this.
  6. Dip dye my hair a crazy colour when I finish my last semester of school!
  7. Be a better photographer!
  8. Read more!
  9. Spend a little less time on Facebook.
  10. Blog regularly and not just about crap.
I can't think of anything else, but I will probably add more to this list once I have a bit more time to sit down and brainstorm a bit more. 

I also wanted to thank a few people for making my 2011 such a great (and bearable year).

Eileen - for always being there whenever I needed to talk about anything at all, and putting up with all my crazy talk. You are the most thoughtful friend I have ever had the pleasure of having in my life and I'm so glad that we've become such great friends over the course of 3 years. I love you Eileen and I hope I get to spend more of 2012 with you! My fondest memory of 2011 is that time we were in New Orleans and I woke up in the middle of the night to find your head nuzzling my chest.

Roxy - Thanks for making so much time for me this year, I love those random unplanned outings we have every week or so. Everything is always so much better when you're near. You are the funniest, coolest, quirkiest person I know and you mean so, so much to me! I hope that we get to spend more time together and maybe keep to our savings plans for our epic travel adventures next year!


Lucy - Thank you so much for being that crazy friend that I can always call and talk to whenever I am feeling down. I feel like I have known you the entire time I've been at uni even though we really only started spending more time together this last year. I had so much fun in Melbourne and thank you for being so tolerable, and it is so reassuring to know that you always have my back.  I will never forget the night you made me feel you up, because that was the night we first met and I didn't even know your name.

I feel like I'm writing the same things over again for every person I want to thank.

Tonia - I never really realised how close we've become over the last year, but I'm glad to have had such a ball of a year with you. I love that we can be so blatantly honest with each other without being the least bit angry with one another, and I can always count on you to tell me if my cupcakes suck. I know you think I can be very silly and naive and I'm glad that you have been in my life to keep me in check! You are a great friend and I hope we can both keep pushing each other to go to the gym as much as we have, even if it kills us.

Aaron - you are the best adopted brother anyone could ask for! Even though you do some of the stupidest things and annoy me to no end, I have to give you some credit for putting up with my non-sensical rants, so thanks Aaron!


Andrew - it has been one weird roller-coaster ride for the both of us and I'm glad we have stayed such great friends. It's nice to have someone in my life who understands and appreciates my crazy talk (most of the time) and sorry I forced you to eat so many cupcakes this year. I really mean that. 

Happy New Years everyone, hope your new year is better and brighter than any other!


No comments:

Post a Comment